God's daughters speak up & speak loud

Wednesday 9 December 2015

……..AND NOW…..

You see I’ve lost time, I gave about 13 years to sin and addictions and the other years I didn’t spend in sin and addictions were stolen by sickness. I really want to cover for lost time I want to go over the top and just do so much to make up for the time I’ve lost.. but you see healing takes time, rebuilding takes time so if I want to win I’d have to give time, I’d have to gradually allow things fall into place with time, so much as I want  to rush things time is needed so I’m giving waiting a chance, taking time to heal up and be fine while holding on to hope that it would happen soon.

So where is this lady right now?
 I’m learning, I’m growing, I’m thriving, I’m becoming and most of all I’m reaching out. You see I think about all I’ve been through and then I know only God could make one shine through so much adversity. People don’t go through fire without being burnt and those who aren’t burnt smell like smoke, but you don’t go through fire and shine, people expected me to be broken in a thousand tiny unfixable pieces but I’m here shining, it may not seem like so much but it’s not nothing
I’m learning to forgive those who didn’t understand me and called me names
I’m learning to forgive those who judged me when I couldn’t keep dates
I’m learning to forgive those who made jokes about my life
I'm learning to trust like a child once again.
I'm learning to live well above my fears
I’m forgiving those who took advantage of me
I’m crumbling the walls I’ve built around my heart and using the blocks to build a safe haven for me and mine.
I’m burning the bridge that connects me to the past and using the light from the fire to find my way to my future
I’m becoming all that no one expected me to become
I’m sharing my story
Most of all I’m learning how to live, love and laugh out loud as can be, its not easy it may even get harder but I've not come this far to give up, faithful is the one who has called me he's more than able to keep me till the end, he's got plans and I know everything is working for me.. Like I said yesterday my God is intentional.


Love,
Opeyemi (the unspoken woman)

5 comments:

  1. One thing I know about God is that He keeps promises.
    He will do as He has promised you, keep your eyes on Him and learn to walk in love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tessa! Yes as the eye of a servant looks up to her master I'll keep my eyes fixed on Jesus!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and weep each time. But yet I know all of this will still end in praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the love Salt! Yes I know too, there's an end! A glorious end at that!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts or opinions. We'd love to know you stopped by.