God's daughters speak up & speak loud

Friday 4 December 2015

UNSPOKEN WOMAN!!

I believe there is an intricate power that lies in speaking up, hence I talk a lot. But beyond talking so much I believe in talking honestly.

I believe in silence too but I know how silence can become so loud shouting with the loudest of whispers, screaming way above every other voice in our lives (including the voice of God).

I know how we women can have so much to say and then the very thing we want to say becomes like a bone in our throat and we can’t get out any air enough to speak up.

I understand how we women can cover our wounds until they fester and rot and the smell keeps everyone away from us.

I believe every woman needs a home, a home where she can peel layers after layers after layers of her unspoken thought and experiences without any fear of judgment.

I believe every woman needs a bench where she can be vulnerable and really say all she has on her mind and still know she's worth so much.

I believe every woman needs a place where all her scars, cuts, wounds and bruises are a master piece a pointer to the glory, unfailing grace and sovereignty of her God.

I believe every woman needs a place to speak, to share, to heal and to bring healing to countless others like she.

These beliefs have shaped my dreams and these dreams have birthed this platform. Unspoken is a place for I and my unspoken sisters to get vulnerable, hoping our scars, our wounds and our bruises would bring healing to others. Unspoken is a group for women to come home and bare those wound they have so learnt to hide because “’by his stripes we are healed”.. And who knows, someone else could find healing and grace in their present. I’ll start by sharing my own story and as time goes on everyone else who wants to share can contact us. unspokenwoman@gmail.com





Love always,
God’s princess,
Opeyemi (The unspoken woman).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts or opinions. We'd love to know you stopped by.