God's daughters speak up & speak loud

Sunday 3 January 2016

THE UNSPOKEN BIBLE WOMEN: RAHAB

Happy new year everyone, thank you for your support in the past year God bless and engrace you. There's a lot I should have put up here but I've had so much to do and this particular piece has been lying in my mailbox for a while, it was written by a friend and a contributing writer for this blog her name is Grace. I hope you're blessed.
love, Opeyemi
'Get out of here you slut! Why are you still here?' the man shouted at her. 'okay am leaving!!' the lady replied indignantly and walked away . As she was going, she saw the city's soldiers running hastily. What could be happening? She thought.
'hey Garrett' she called out to the captain of guards. He came over smiling thinking he's gonna get a deal from her, she also smiled also, knowing what he was thinking, 'what's going on? I see you all running around...'
' well, there are two Israelite spies in the city and we are going to get them and kill them!' 'oh, I see, take care' And she left, on her way home, she came upon two men hiding and concluded they were the spies. 'come with me if you want to live ' they followed her to her house where she hid them on her roof. When the guards came to question her, she denied.
'you can come out now, they're gone.'
"you have saved us, let us know who you are so we may know how to repay you."
"my name's Rehab, am not quite a reputable person, but I have heard alot about you people and I know God is with you, when you come to take over, spare me and my family."
"we shall, if you leave this scarlet rope on your window." They agreed on their deal and went off.......

So, we all know about Rehab, her life and everything, but she has never been forgotten from history, she became the great grandma of David and found her self in Jesus's family history.  What's my point? Circumstances we've found ourselves in, does not determine who we become or where we end up in life. God does and some times. We pass through these things to glorify his name. So lets not give up ladies, we have been through alot but God has the final say.
Oh! She didn't perish with the rest, ha! So much for a no good harlot....
-Grace (on Joshua chapter 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts or opinions. We'd love to know you stopped by.