God's daughters speak up & speak loud

Saturday 23 January 2016

THE UNSPOKEN CHRONICLES: SUSPENDED 1


This is my story I have separated it into parts as the entire story is really lengthy, tomorrow I’d put up the other part. Please do leave a comment, let me know you came by.
Opeyemi
This is a part of my story I have tried to pretend never happened, but a place such as this founded on transparency should be a place I could share even the seemingly most embarrassing aspects of my story, so I’d be sharing today on getting suspended from school in 2015.
 20th April, 2015 was the day it all begun. I had returned from class about two hours before I was due to as my lecturer was absent that day, I was informed by a group I belonged to that Apostle Joshua Selman (a minister in Nigeria) was going to come by school that day, I’ve had a number of his sermons on my laptop for a while seeing him in person seemed like such a good thing plus that was my birth week which would be an amazing birth week miracle for me. I slept a little when I got a message informing me that Apostle Josh was around and about leaving I got up, got dressed and went by with the intention of simply stopping by to say hello to him and be o my way back, however on getting there I met him with a countless number of people I figured I could hang around a little, he spoke with us on a general note and then said a brief prayer before getting up to leave, I went by to say a proper hello to him and as I made to leave the cafeteria we met him in chaplains, and a host of others came by and rounded the place up we were led lie criminals out of the cafeteria to the senate chambers we were accused of holding illegal service, minutes later we were tagged cultist and before we could think things quickly escalated. I school at a faith based university, but what happens when churches God has called to walk arm in arm to fight the devil take their arms and fight against one another? Other innocent people suffer and yes I became a victim of the battle of superiority among churches and ministries.

 At the senate chambers we were met by an excited chaplain and a few other people including the vice chancellor, we were insulted there branded as cultists, we were humiliated by the senior members of the institution, there the chaplain introduced us with a smile so wide told the VC how we were cultists, and how they had been on the lookout for us for a while, I felt my heart break into a tiny million pieces as the chaplain spoke I felt every iota or respect and reverence I had for the chaplain and men of God in general crumble, the worse was the vice chancellors called in a photographer and had him take still shots of us after which they brought in a cam coder and took videos of “THE CULTISTS”, the VC lost his temper started placing curses as much as he could finally he promised we would all go home on a year suspension, I heard it my mind processed it and as soon as I considered the possibility I felt my heart tighten, next thing I knew I couldn’t breathe I felt someone lift me up, pass me on to someone else and I was taken to the clinic.

 21st April we were made to face the panel, when we got there another issue was raised, in March of the same year a number of us had left school without appropriate permission for a program, the school got wind of it but did nothing until this incidence came up. In groups of three we went in to face the members of the Disciplinary council and exactly a week after on the 28th April I received a letter and I was on my way home for suspension for an entire academic year, I knew I had done wrong but I also knew my punishment was beyond my offence, I knew the people who pushed for the punishment; they were the supposedly spiritual people, as I went home I resolved within my heart that the whole Jesus stuff was more a joke than it was anything real and church was a waste of time. I was ready to leave the church even though I knew somewhere in my heart I loved the lord; he had failed me, home was terrible for me everyone kept asking me the very question I asked myself “if you really are a Christian, why is this happening to you?”, I remember one evening I was chatting with a friend from way back and he made jokes about my situation and how I couldn’t have been suspended for that, he was doubly sure I was on crack or something. People kept calling me from school; I was so ashamed I had to turn off my phone. My parents together with parents of the other victims decided to appeal about a week later……..


love,
Opeyemi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts or opinions. We'd love to know you stopped by.