God's daughters speak up & speak loud

Sunday 31 January 2016

WOMAN ON FIRE: POUR OUT THE PAIN





By Opeyemi
I’m Miss Busayo Opeyemi, by Gods grace the founder of the unspoken woman, one time rebellious daughter now and forever God’s daughter, an economist by way of academic qualification and a writer by divine call, I love to write about God and his love for me and by extension all of us, I write because it’s the greatest way I know how to express myself, I laugh a lot because laughter is medicine to the soul and most of all I love God because he first loved me. I find joy in making dresses.
 
                The rains come it drizzles first and the clouds don’t look dark enough so you’re pretty sure it won’t rain for long and even if it rains long it wouldn’t be heavy enough to cause any damage…….. and that is how almost every one of our trouble begins it comes in trickles and next thing we know the sky above turns dark, who would have known that simple catarrh without any major symptoms like cough would lead me into the theatre 5 times, who would have expected that a harmless hang out with friends at a restaurant would lead me to a year suspension? 
And suddenly the rain moves from a drizzle to this

                Anyone who is familiar with this blog knows a lot about me already if not you can go through the blog and catch up on what’s gone on before. Well in 2011 my sinuses got full and I started to have a growth behind my eyes and so my eyes became protruded and I needed a surgery to correct it, February 2012 I had the corrective surgery but like I said earlier on trouble comes like rain it drizzles before it pours I went into surgery believing sinusitis was just an ailment you know one surgery and that is all naahhh it’s a condition, you know like asthma it’s in the body but can be managed, so the first surgery led to a second, and then a third and a fourth and finally a fifth. Surgeries several times leave their victims traumatized, how much more 5 surgeries within a few months, I wasn’t just traumatized I was crushed, sinusitis took my weight and left me looking sickly, sinusitis left me with a scar and worse of all sinusitis refused to go. 
 
                Like every other person I had a dream to change the world to make an impact in my generation somehow but sinusitis made me feel unable to because I was too weak to do anything but lie in my bed and cry and attend the few classes I could when sinusitis didn’t stop me, I became highly insecure, when people looked at me I felt it was the scar they were staring at, I was broken and I wasn’t sure I would ever be fine, I wasn’t sure I would ever make an impact in my life time,  then one afternoon I stumbled on a blog and it did have an impact on my life and then I remembered something i was amazing at; WRITING, I hadn’t done that in a while but I always knew I could and so in my pain I took up writing and my first blog was birthed, I started out writing about pain and like that I grew, the blog grew and people were inspired, people were challenged and most of all people were encouraged. My pain pushed me to do something at a point where I felt there was nothing I could do and in the process I’ve been healed, my mind has something else to focus on aside my health, someone once said “your own pain grows dim if while in it you find something to pour your passion and pain into” this is so true I’m consumed with my writing I no longer notice the physical pain as much as I should because my mind is away from it, when pain pushes you to the edge and you don’t know what to do find your stride pour your strength and pain and passion into it and watch the pain fade into oblivion my health is not 100% but my mind is now 100% and because of that I feel 100%. 

                The last two entries on the blog I shared my suspension story (please read it up, It’s pretty lengthy I can’t go over it again), during the suspension period I ran into serious depression, I was in a fog and still couldn’t believe what had happened to me, when the pain had taken a greater part of my strength I picked up sewing, I’d always wanted to make dress but school and stuff wouldn’t allow me and in my pain I started learning how to sew and today I can make amazing dresses for not just myself but for others too, so much I’m considering a fashion line and letting go of my certificate.

                One thing I’ve learnt is this pain comes to us all good and bad alike, heavy rains would fall after the drizzle but one thing is certain beyond the dark cloud lies the sun but you won’t get to the sun if you fail to push, if we sit and wait without doing anything until the rain stops and the cloud is clear and the sun is shining time would have been wasted. If you have pain it’s not enough to make you a watcher on the sideline play in the pain, let the pain push you to do something don’t allow pain stop you. Refuse to allow pain in any form overtake you decide to take over and pour your pain into something eventually the rain would stop, the storm would become calm and the sun would shine again. 

Yours in his love
Opeyemi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts or opinions. We'd love to know you stopped by.